nonmob1

Nonsense Be Thy Name

(Teleconferencing with a client about a commercial I edited for him)

Client: “I don’t lik the music u picked. Do u have anything else?”

Me: “The order said u wanted ur jingle in the spot. It’s the one u had the radio stations send us…”

Client: *interrupts* “yeh, yeh. We gotta have the jingle. I just don’t lik the music that goes with it.”

Me: “So u want the jingle without the music?”

Client: “yeh. lik, and can u take the singing out of ther? lik, the music too, can u just edit it out?”

Me: “I don’t think I understand. u want me to edit the jingle so ther’s no music or singing?”

Client: “yeh. I mean u guys can do stuff lik that can’t u? lik, with the computers u got?”

Me: “We can’t really, um, do it lik that. If u don’t want the jingle sung, we could have the [jingle's hook] read in the voiceover.”

Client: “No, that won’t work. u can’t just read it. We gotta have the melody in ther with it.”

Me: *loathes his career choice*

nonmob2

nonmob3